Tuesday 14 February 2012

A Sinking Feeling

Hello, my name is Gillian Jefferson. Unlike some of my classmates, design isn't something I knew I was destined for from the get go. I'd been surrounded by the business as a child, but hadn't considered the profession for myself. Well, sometimes you need to take a few steps back to see what's right in front of you. After five years spent working and travelling abroad, my love of design hit me like a ton of bricks, and I haven't looked back since. I now drool over beautiful fonts, I bump contrast, I suddenly know which colours are meant for each other, and a good sheet of paper... don't get me started. So no, I didn't start out knowing that this is what I wanted to do, but now, there isn't a doubt in my mind— I'm in love.

The infographic below was inspired by the very real possibility of the federal government approving the current proposal for an oil pipeline that runs from the Albertan Tar Sands all the way to the coast of Northern British Columbia. While the tone of this topic may not suit today (being Valentine's Day and all), it's certainly a topic that's close to a lot of hearts; mine included. 






sign the petition:
 http://dogwoodinitiative.org/no-tankers/petition

you can follow me on Twitter @gpjefferson or reach me at gillianpageproductions@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Really well done Gill! Great information, easy to read and very, very timely!!

    ReplyDelete